What is Domestic EPC?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:
 built
 sold
 rented
You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.
In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property – eg in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler.

An EPC contains:
 information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
 recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

You can be fined if you don’t get an EPC when you need one.
The person selling the house, the landlord or the letting agent must show you the EPC if you’re buying or renting.
Buildings that don’t need an EPC
These include:
 places of worship
 temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
 stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
 industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
 some buildings that are due to be demolished
 holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
 listed buildings – you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
 residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year
How’s it work?
 We get your order and the fee is paid in advance
 We contact you to organize a mutually suitable time for the EPC site visit
 The inspector visits the site and the report will be done within 24 Hours following the site visit. .
 We give you a copy of the report which can be emailed, posted or downloaded from a centrally stored Government repository.
Our Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA’s) – Who are they?
All our DEA’S have been accredited by the ABBE (www.abbe.co.uk) they all have Public Liability Insurance They all have had a criminal record check All will be happy to show their ABBE Accreditation identification on request